This year, I thought we'd try something different and do a pictorial year in review: our year as told through captured moments. It seemed fitting that we have Josh Groban's "Thankful" song playing in the background, as it captures, so well, our sentiments for this year. We have SO MUCH to be thankful for! Below are just a few highlights of what we're grateful for:
We are grateful for:
- The opportunity we've had to travel this year! We've had amazing trips to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for whale watching; an Alaskan Cruise with our sister-in-law and her family; New York to reunite with old friends and watch the "swim across the Hudson;" and our timeshare in Breckenridge, Colorado
- Family Celebrations: Our niece, Jacqueline's high school graduation and start of college; our niece, Jenny's return from France and her exploration of modeling; our nephew, Michael's graduation from College and, most importantly, recovery from cancer; the moving of my mother-in-law to Atrium Village where we can provide oversight of her care and enjoy shared memories; my mom's 82nd birthday and hearing of her speaking about "my friends" as she plans for New Year's Eve; the addition of "Babe," our 1-year old calico cat to the family... she is a source of "joy," peace, and energy; and our dear friend, Lisa's son's marriage to Bethany.. wasn't it yesterday when we were accompanying them on the Polar Express in NH??
- Health and Wellness: This is the first year in three that Robin has only spent one night in a hospital. We will find out on January 30th what is going on with the fistula in his brain, but for now, we feel blessed for the year we've been able to have. I was able to compete, for the 2nd year, in the Columbia Irongirl Triathlon. In doing so, and with your support, I raised over $2500 for the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults. What better way to express gratitude for our health than to support "Team Fight" in their efforts to bring health and wellness to young adults with cancer.
- Prosperous and Fulfilling Careers: Robin has been working full time, in addition to taking care of his mother. His fitness and nutritional counseling business is going well and we are thankful. I am going into my 3rd year of leading "Viewfinder Coaching & Consulting" and feel so blessed to have partners that I admire and enjoy, and clients that bring me awe and admiration for the leaders they are. I had the privilege of having an article published this year in the International Coach Federation's online Coaching World Journal and feel blessed to be part of an inspiring global community!
- Meditation and Moments of Reflection: And, life has afforded us quiet times when we can pause, be present, meditate, and appreciate this wondrous adventure called "life." There has been pain and loss, as with the sudden death of our beloved cat, Dory; or our First-Time Iron Girl buddy, Susan, being hit by a car while riding her bike (she's OK and will recover); and there have been high moments. And what we know is that neither lasts. Our choice is to be In and OF the moment: to be a FULL participant in ALL life has to offer. We can't wish for the pain to pass (it will in God's time), nor for the "joy" to be everlasting.
- Last but not least.... we are thankful for YOU.. our beloved friends, family, clients, sponsors, neighbors, service providers-- who lift us up in life, and provide us the gift of the uniqueness of YOU.
Here's praying for a new year filled with health, peace, gratitude, and love...
Joy and Robin, Hunk and Babe